Friday, April 19, 2013

My Mother


 


My Mother…..

Loved everybody

Was very humble

Enjoyed helping people

Never lived like she knew everything

Did as she said

Listened carefully to others and spoke less

Had a heart of forgiveness

Sacrificed many things for the sake of her children

Was very diligent woman

Talked less and worked more

Had a prayer life

Was my strength and my refuge

Was the best teacher for me

Was the most beautiful mother in the entire world         

…And was the most expensive treasure I ever had!
 

My Mother….

Taught me to love one another

Taught me to forgive always

Taught me to apologize for my wrong doings

Taught me to understand others’ weakness

Taught me to learn from the mistakes I make

Taught me to forget the past and move forward

Taught me to differentiate friends and foes

Taught me not to have hatred or retaliation in my heart

Taught me to think twice before getting angry

Taught me to see things from a positive point of view

Taught me to do as I say

Taught me not to forget that God created all of us equal

Taught me to overcome evil with good

Taught me to stand firm for what is right

…And told me that even when things seem terrible, that I must never quit!


This poem is a translation from the Chin version I wrote in loving memory of my beloved mother, who passed away in 2005 when I was in exile.

No comments: