Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Father


 
With a strong voice…................................................................................................................my father

When I did wrong, he who scolded me….................................................................................my father

Even though he loved his children, he couldn’t expose it….....................................................my father

Even though he had little chance to study, he uplifted Chin literature...................................my father

Serving the Lord as much as he could......................................................................................my father

Loving his people dearly...........................................................................................................my father

My hero....................................................................................................................................my father

 

Even though years passed by, your loving strong voice is still in my ear…..............................my father

Even though I couldn’t be beside you when you most needed me, you forgave me..............my father

I daily try to follow in your footsteps.......................................................................................my father

I work so hard to be a good servant to the Lord, whom you so faithfully served....................my father

I work so hard for the people you dearly loved…....................................................................my father

I work so hard to preserve the literature you treasured….......................................................my father

I work so hard to be somebody for the people you cherished…..............................................my father

I am inheriting your strong voice, as a token of your love, beloved….............................................Papa

 

This poem is a translation from the Chin version “Ka pa” which I wrote in loving memory of my dad who passed away in 1999 when I was in exile.

No comments: